jBPM is open source(distributed under Apache Licence) Business Process Management written in java. jBPM helps us to depict the business process throughout their entire life cycle like user, role, approval, task list, dashboard and reporting.
As it is very light weighted and written purely in java, It allow us to use this in any java application, embed in our code or use as a service in our application.
Tools and features of jBPM core api :
- Eclipse-based and web-based editor to support the graphical creation of your business processes (drag & drop)
- Pluggable persistence and transactions based on JPA / JTA
- Pluggable human task service based on WS-HumanTask for including tasks that need to be performed by human actors
- Management console supporting process instance management, task lists and task form management, and reporting
- Optional process repository to deploy your process (and other related knowledge)
- History logging (for querying / monitoring / analysis)
- Integration with Seam, Spring, OSGi, etc.
For details, you may use the user guide provided by jBoss.org. But I would like to say that you must read at least about the core engine of JBPM
We will discuss few following topics in jBPM here :
- jBPM setup
- Human Task
- Integration with Spring MVC, Hibernate and mysql