Apache Maven is an open source build automation tool for Java projects. Maven helps managing projects build, reporting, documentation and dependency management. It is completely based on the concept of a project object model (POM). POM(xml file) describes the software project being built, its dependencies on other external modules and components, the build order, directories, and required plugins.
Setup Java in your system:
- Download the latest java(jdk setup file) from Oracle site. I found this link while writing this article (Download)
- Run the setup file to install JDK. It will install in your OS drive(generally C drive – Location “C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.X_XX\jre\bin” ). Copy this path as per your system installation.
- Go To: Control Panel → System → Advanced system settings
jBPM setup can be done by two ways:
- We can go ahead with JBOSS latest release of jBPM-installer-final
- You can get the files from http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbpm/files/ (Try to get the Final release of any version)
- After successful download, extract the file and go to jBPM-installer directory
- From command prompt/ terminal run “ant install.demo”